Saturday, October 25, 2008

Stuffed Red Bell Peppers (Capsiums)



What to do with cold rice and meatloaf, it is cold and sunny in Sydney so I thought stuffed capsicums! A great dish any time of the year.

Stuffed Red Bell Pepper (Red Capsicum)

Ingredients
9 medium red bell peppers (red capsicums)
3 cups of cooked white rice
1 ½ cups of meatloaf
2 tablespoons of capsicum pesto


Method
Preheat oven 180C (350F).
Combine rice, meatloaf and pesto in a large bowl.
Cut off tops of the peppers, and stuff with rice/meatloaf mixture.
Bake for 1 hour until the peppers are soft.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gram use to make this for my papa... I, being a spoilt child, would have nothing to do with it.
Now, I could eat this alot! Didn't think of it yesterday as I roasted ALL of those peppers so they wouldn't go bad ( I made some into a basque-style chicken pot!!!YUM!!) No, I didn't get all the wood stacked....by time I did the peppers, it was almost noon and already 79F outside!! There is about 3/4 left. Thanks for the concern, I didn't hurt myself either in the woodpile or the kitchen, but I am looking forward to another trip to the chiro on Monday!

glamah16 said...

Oh I love this!